Korean company Kia have announced a UK launch for a Sportswagon version of their Cee’d family hatchback at price from £16,895 to £24,795.
Compare that to the Ford Focus (476 and 1502 litres respectively) or an Astra Sports Tourer (500 and 1550 litres) and the new Cee’d has room to claim a competitive place in the class. Unsurprisingly, the new Cee’d is the same size as The Hyundai i40 Tourer , which shares the same build platform.
Under The Hood, the Cee’d sportswagon will feature three engines.
- The 1.4 CRDi six-speed manual offers: 89bhp, 0-60 in 13.4 seconds, top speed of 106, an impressive 67.3 mpg and C02 emissions of 109.
- The 1.6 CRDi six-speed manual offers: 126bhp, 0-60 in 10.8, top speed of 120, 64.2 mpg and C02 emissions of 116.
- The 1.6 CRDi six-speed auto offers: 126bhp, 0-60 in 11.7, 115 top speed, 50.4mpg and 149 C02.
When it comes to spec and trims, Kia have adopted a cunning simple naming process – 1, 2, 3 and 4!
- Cee’d 1 gets electrically adjustable heated door mirrors, a height-adjustable driver’s seat, air-con, front electric windows, remote locking, cooled glovebox, 60:40 split rear seats, ambient lighting, and Bluetooth and iPod-friendly audio system.
- Cee’d 2 also get LED lights, leather wheel, gearknob and handbrake, chrome, all-round electric windows, luggage net, cruise control and rear parking sensors.
- Cee’d 3 also get privacy glass, auto headlights and front wipers, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, dual-zone climate control, and a 7’ touchscreen sat-nav which also houses a reversing camera screen.
- Cee’d 4 gets 17-inch alloys, heated leather seats and wheel, electronic parking brake, starter engine button and rear air ventilation. The even more specced Ceed ‘4 Tech’ has panoramic sunroof, 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, front parking sensors, lane departure warning system and xenon headlights.