Among the world’s most important auto shows, and often showing new production/concept cars for the first time, The Paris Motor Show is currently taking place until 14th October 2012 at Paris expo. The show was the first motor show in the world, dating back to 1898 and the brainchild of industry pioneer, Albert de Dion.
Bringing things right up to date, VCARS.co.uk brings you ten impressive reasons to visit the 2012 Show…
1. The McLaren P1 design study.
2. The new Golf MKVII is longer and roomier than MKVI. The 88.3mpg Bluemotion version emits just 85g/km of CO2.
3. The next generation Ford Mondeo contains the new 1.0-litre Ecoboost three-cylinder petrol engine.
4. The new Mini Countryman coupé will be available in front- or 4WD and with a turbocharged Cooper S 184bhp engine.
5. The three-door Kia’s Cee’d hatchback, has been designed by Peter Schreyer, designer of the original TT.
6. Ford’s Fiesta gets a makeover, with a new grille and the European debut of MyKey – a system that allows drivers to configure max speed limits.
7. With less weight and more fuel efficiency, the new Range Rover range will include a supercharged V8 petrol or V6 and V8 turbocharged diesels.
8. Peugeot’s latest supermini is more aggressive, sportier and houses a 200bhp, 1.6-litre turbocharged petrol engine.
9. Jaguar’s new F-Type gets an unveiling at Paris and will contain a 3.0-litre V6 or 5.0-litre V8.
10. Chevrolet’s Trax is a small SUV with front or 4WD – a £15k five-seater will go on sale next year.