Skip to the content

Car leasing FAQs

Going abroad

Yes. First, you'll need to obtain both VE103 form and an authority letter from LeasePlan UK as the registered keeper of the vehicle. These documents will provide proof of entitlement to drive the vehicle. We'll need to see confirmation you've taken out European breakdown cover for the duration of your trip abroad. Call 0344 472 1081 and press 4. 

Car insurance is included within your lease, but you're required to tell LeasePlan before you take the car outside of the UK. 

When driving abroad you'll need a Green Card, issued by the insurer. The Green Card shows you have the minimum insurance cover needed by law in the country you're visiting. You should allow at least 14 days for the Green Card to be issued and sent to you. 

To get your Green Card, call us on 01993 894666. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.We'll need to know the address for posting the Green Card, the dates of travel and the countries you're visiting. 

Circumstances can change while you're abroad and there may be unexpected delays in your return. So the valid period of each Green Card is from 2 days prior to the confirmed departure until 7 days after the anticipated return date. 

If you break down and you're an AA Member with European Breakdown Cover, call 0044 (0)121 336 6289 for help. 

If you don't have breakdown cover with us, remember to add the contact details of your breakdown provider to your phone before you travel. 

Any questions?

The Smart Lease team is here to help

FAQs    Contact us

Back to top