Cover your caravan or motorhome

We’ll help if you break down with a caravan, campervan or trailer

caravan icon

We get to most of our members in under an hour


More mobile mechanics than any other UK breakdown service1


Members rate us 4.4/5
Read our reviews

Caravan breakdown cover

We’ll come to your rescue whether it’s a problem with the vehicle you’re driving or the one you’re towing.
  • Our standard breakdown cover includes caravans, trailers, motorhomes and campervans
  • With 24/7 roadside assistance, we’ll try to fix your vehicle on the spot
  • We cover caravans or motorhomes up to 3.5 tonnes (3,500kg) and 8ft 3in (2.55m) wide
  • Unlimited callouts each year, as long as it's not a recurring problem with your vehicle
Build your personal cover with these options

What is caravan breakdown cover?

Our standard roadside assistance includes caravan breakdown cover. If you break down, we’ll try to fix the problem on the spot or tow you to a garage for repairs.

    • We cover the car you’re driving as well as the caravan being towed.
    • Call us out for a problem with your caravan, even if your car’s fine.
    • Recovery for both your caravan and your car if we can’t fix them at the roadside.

    We can also cover campervans and motorhomes under our standard roadside assistance. Just choose personal cover or take out a specific vehicle policy for your motorhome.

    Build your cover

Cover any car or motorhome you drive

With our personal cover, you’ll be covered as a driver or passenger in any vehicle smaller than 3.5 tonnes (3,500kg) and 8ft 3in (2.55m) wide. You’re covered if you break down in a motorhome or in a vehicle towing a caravan.

If you break down in a car towing a caravan, we’ll come out whether it’s a problem with the car or with the caravan itself. We’ll provide vehicle recovery for both the car and towed caravan if we can’t fix the problem at the roadside.

If you have a motorhome or campervan as well as a car, you’ll be covered for breakdowns in both vehicles under one policy.

Cover a specific car or motorhome

With our vehicle cover, you can choose roadside assistance for a particular car, campervan or motorhome if it breaks down. Just tell us which vehicle you’d like to cover when you buy and we’ll come to rescue whoever’s driving the vehicle.

If you cover a car and tow a caravan behind, the cover will apply to the caravan too. 

If you have a motorhome as well as a car, you’ll need to get separate vehicle breakdown cover for the motorhome. Or you can take out a personal policy to cover yourself in both.

If you have an accident in your car or motorhome, call us first and we’ll handle everything for you with Accident Assist.

Add extras to your caravan or motorhome cover

As standard, our breakdown cover gives you 24/7 help if you break down over 1/4 mile from home. For extra cover, choose our add-ons:

    • At Home - We’ll cover you right to your driveway or outside your house, so you won’t need to be 1/4 mile from home to call us out.
    • National Recovery - Our vehicle recovery will take you to any single UK destination of your choice, whether a garage, your final destination or back home.
    • Onward Travel - If your car needs more repairs, we’ll help you to finish your journey with car hire, public transport costs or a night in a hotel.
    • Parts and Garage Cover - Get help with garage bills after a breakdown and claim money towards the cost of fixing your vehicle.

    Take your caravan on holiday abroad? You can stay covered on the Continent with our European breakdown cover.

What our members say

Reported breakdown on the app

Reported breakdown on the app, was given an estimate of 45 minutes but the guy turned up within 15 minutes, diagnosed the fault and followed me to the nearest repair location. Excellent service all round!

Terry Faulkner

Read reviews

Exclam 800black 3 Broken down now?

Don't buy online – call us 24/7 for instant cover: 03330 046 046

Don't buy online – call us 24/7 for instant cover: 03330 046 046

Call now

Good to know
1 More mobile mechanics

The AA uses a fleet of dedicated vehicles – which means we own and manage them, and they are driven by our own patrols. These include breakdown vans, recovery trucks and other specialist vehicles to support a wide range of breakdown situations our members find themselves in. Sometimes we may use garages to reduce wait times, but only when necessary. We’ll always let you know in advance.

We have more highly skilled mobile mechanics than anyone else. And they’re all absolutely lovely. The AA is the largest UK breakdown provider, with over 2,700 patrols compared to around 1,750 patrols for the second-largest provider in the UK.

Source: AA Annual Report 2023 (2,700 patrols) and RAC Class A Prospectus 2023 (1,750 patrols). Verify at

2 Unlimited call-outs

Repeat call-outs for the same fault, within 28 days, will not be covered.

3 What vehicles do we cover?

Our breakdown cover includes most cars of any age (including classic cars), motorbikes, vans, motorhomes and minibuses. Your vehicle must be under 3.5 tonnes (3,500kg) and 8ft 3in (2.55m) wide, excluding mirrors. The same maximum weight and width separately apply to any caravans and trailers you’re towing. Your vehicle must also be roadworthy, taxed and have an up-to-date MOT.

About the price

Prices shown include insurance premiums payable to the insurer(s) and a fee payable under a separate contract between you and Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited (AAIS) for arranging and administering your cover. Please see the terms and conditions for more information.

AA Breakdown Cover is arranged by Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). You can check their register online. Registered office: Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 4EA. Registered in England and Wales number 2414212.

Paying for your cover
How can I pay?

There are 3 ways to do this – annually by card or direct debit, or monthly by direct debit.

If you pay annually, you’ll pay up front for a fixed 12-month policy and the overall price for a year will be lower than 12 monthly payments. There’s no refund if you cancel after your 14-day cooling-off period though. You can choose how your policy renews when you set up your cover.

If you pay monthly, your account will be debited every month until your policy is cancelled. This gives you the convenience of paying per month, together with the flexibility of being able to cancel your cover at any time. After the 14-day cooling-off period, you'll just need to give us 30 days' notice.

Is my online payment secure?

Yes – we use the highest form of encryption available, to make sure your payment is safe.

Our secure-server software scrambles all the details you enter before they’re sent, so that only we can understand them.

Can I change my level of cover after I've bought it?

We'll write to you well in advance of your renewal, but if you'd like to talk to someone about renewing or changing your cover now, call us on 0343 316 4444.

Lines are open 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday; 9am to 5pm, Saturday.

Can I buy breakdown cover for someone else?

If you want to arrange personal cover for someone else, call us on 0330 053 1100. However, if you want to cover a specific vehicle you can buy vehicle cover online.

Policy documents

Our breakdown cover policy documents give you the terms and conditions of the contracts that make up AA Breakdown Membership and AA Breakdown Repair Cover (Parts and Garage Cover).

They are split into two parts:

  1. the policy
  2. the membership arrangement and administration contract

AA Breakdown Membership

AA Breakdown Membership Terms and Conditions Booklet – February 2024

AA Breakdown Repair Cover (Parts and Garage Cover)

AA Breakdown Repair Cover Terms and Conditions Booklet – November 2021

Member Extras

Member Extras Terms and Conditions Booklet – November 2021

Does AA breakdown cover include caravans?
Yes, our standard roadside assistance includes caravan breakdown cover as well as towing trailers. You can choose from personal cover or vehicle cover and we cover any age of vehicle.
Does AA breakdown cover include motorhomes?
Yes, our standard roadside assistance includes motorhome breakdown cover as well as campervans. You can choose from personal cover or vehicle cover and we cover any age of vehicle.
Is there a size or weight limit on motorhome cover?
Our motorhome breakdown cover applies to motorhomes, caravans, campervans and trailers as long as they’re less than 3.5 tonnes (3,500kg) and 8ft 3in (2.55m) wide.
Am I covered if a towed caravan breaks down?

Yes - we cover the caravan you’re towing, not just the vehicle you’re driving. Our caravan breakdown cover means you can call us out to help if your caravan has a problem, even if the car towing it's fine.

We’ll try to fix your caravan on the spot. If we can’t get you going again at the roadside, our vehicle recovery means we’ll tow your car and caravan to a nearby garage for repairs.

If have personal cover, do I need extra motorhome cover?

Our personal cover gives you breakdown cover in any vehicle you travel in, whether you’re a passenger or driver. That includes motorhomes, caravans and campervans.

If you’re an existing customer with personal cover, you’ll already be covered in a motorhome so you don’t need to get extra cover.

Can I get European breakdown cover for a motorhome?
Yes, you can buy European Breakdown Cover if you’d like to cover your motorhome or caravan in Europe.
Compare breakdown cover

Learn more about choosing the right cover for you in our guide on how to compare breakdown cover. Plus, find out what’s included in breakdown cover from the AA vs RAC.

You can also discover how Green Flag breakdown cover compares to the AA.

Call now to buy breakdown cover

0330 053 1100

We're open 8am to 7pm, Monday to Friday; 9am to 5pm, Saturday.

Call now

Call now to change or discuss your cover

0343 316 4444

We're open 8am to 7pm, Monday to Friday; 9am to 5pm, Saturday.

Call now