Had an accident? Contact us first
We'll take care of everything, from vehicle recovery to making a claim
Hassle-free, 24/7 claims service
Quality care for you and your vehicle
Independent service that’s on your side
What is Accident Assist?
Accident Assist is a complimentary 24/7 accident claims service for all our Members.
We'll handle your insurance claim – at no additional cost – no matter which company insures you. We're on your side, acting on your behalf, independently of your insurer.
- We’ll liaise with insurers on your behalf.
- We’ll arrange accident recovery if your vehicle isn’t driveable.
- We won’t charge you an excess if you’re not at fault for the accident.
- We’ll arrange your repair with our trusted, AA-approved accident repairers. They’ll use the latest technology and fit vehicle manufacturer genuine parts.
- We’ll keep you moving with a courtesy or hire vehicle of a similar size to your own for as long as the repair takes.
- Whether you’re at the side of the road or you’ve been able to drive home, we can help.
- We'll provide personal injury support to you and any passengers.
- We can also arrange your glass claim. Book a glass appointment online.
Accident Assist explained in 60 seconds
Watch our short video to learn about our hassle-free, 24/7 car accident claims service, which includes recovery, repair, a courtesy or hire car, and talking to your insurer.
Why call Accident Assist to handle your insurance claim instead of your insurer?
AA Accident Assist
Most insurers ¹
Repairs using vehicle manufacturer genuine parts
AA-approved repairers using the latest technology
Vehicle manufacturer warranty protected by using genuine parts ²
AA recovery if your carʼs undriveable ³
Repairer guarantee on the quality of the repair ⁴
3 years +
No policy excess to pay if youʼre not at fault
A hire car within 2 hours if yours isnʼt safe to drive ⁵
Save our number to your mobile
0330 053 0221
Does AA breakdown cover include Accident Assist?
Yes, being a Member with breakdown cover means you have access to Accident Assist – our complementary accident claims service. Simply call us first after an accident and we'll do the rest.
Does the AA cover accident recovery?
We’ll recover your car, and we can arrange repairs and a replacement hire vehicle. This is a complementary service when AA Accident Assist handles your insurance claim on your behalf and your vehicle is repaired at an AA-approved accident repairer.
Do I need car insurance if I have Accident Assist?
Accident Assist works alongside your car insurance policy. It doesn't replace it, and it isn't a substitute for your legal requirement for your vehicle to be insured and doesn’t cover your liabilities to others.
Can you help with damaged glass?
Good to know
1. Information based on insurer policy wordings and available insurer information online as at 4 January 2022.
2. If a non-genuine part is fitted and subsequently fails, this is not covered by your vehicle manufacturer warranty.
3. At very busy times we may use a specially appointed third-party partner agent.
4. The repairing AA-approved bodyshop will provide a lifetime workmanship guarantee for the repair quality carried out on your vehicle for as long as you are the registered keeper.
5. Time promise applies to normal working hours of 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday. A hire car of the same or similar size and specification to your own car will be provided after a non-fault accident. A small courtesy car is provided by the repairer if you were at fault, subject to availability.
Excludes any accidents occurring outside England, Scotland or Wales.
See the AA Breakdown Membership Terms and Conditions Booklet – September 2022 for further information.