AA – Safety Cameras in Vehicles – Supplementary Customer Privacy Notice
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to your personal data that we collect via the internally mounted safety monitoring cameras in the AA Patrol Vehicles. The Vehicles equipped with these cameras will also have visible notices, i.e. stickers, informing you of the presence of the cameras.
This notice applies in addition to your standard Customer Privacy Notice. Full details of your right and choice, and how to exercise them can be found in our main privacy notice.
1. What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we’ll process as part of the safety camera monitoring in Patrol Vehicles includes:
- Safety footage around the AA Patrol Vehicles, such as breakdown scene monitoring; and
- Safety footage inside the AA Patrol Vehicle.
NB. Some of our Patrol Vehicles are equipped with internally mounted driver (biometric) safety monitoring cameras and you could be appear on the periphery of the footage.
2. What do we use your personal data for?
The additional purposes this information may be used for are:
- To improve the safety of customers and AA Patrols at the roadside through education and learning;
- Complaint/Claim resolution; and
- Accident investigation.
3. What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on legitimate interests for the processing of personal data as part of safety monitoring cameras to ensure your and the safety of our staff, and compliance with our legal obligations under health and safety regulations.
4. When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
Data collected from the cameras will be stored in a third-party cloud solution with a copy also held in an encrypted local hard drive installed in the van. The AA will also have access to the data and will hold a copy of it as well.
You have a right to see a copy of the data we hold on you, subject to certain limitations. These, and details of your other rights, are set out in the full privacy notice.