Published 20 March 2020. Updated 1 April 2021.
The AA is committed to supporting its customers through the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and we're here ready to help you.
The safety and welfare of our colleagues and customers is our priority at all times. We've provided guidance in line with the World Health Organization and Public Health England for all our colleagues. And we're working closely with financial institutions to best manage the provision of banking services if the situation escalates.
Many of you are worried and have questions about your arrangements in the face of financial difficulties. We've therefore put the following arrangements in place:
- Mortgage payment breaks – you have until 31 March 2021 to apply for an initial payment break or a payment break extension:
- Personal loan payment break – the guidance issued by the Financial Conduct Authority allowed for customers to apply for initial payment deferrals up until 31 March 2021. Further payment deferrals are only available after this date if:
- You are currently in a payment deferral period and you have reached your scheduled date to resume repayments. For example if you requested an initial payment deferral in January 2021 with payments scheduled to resume in May 2021, then provided request is received prior to the May resumption date, a further payment deferral may be considered; AND
- You have not yet availed of the maximum period of 6 months (cumulative) payment deferrals. Please note that as per FCA Guidance, the last date that a payment deferral can be in force is 31st July 2021.
If you’re eligible for a further payment break as above please call us on 0345 266 0124. In the meantime, don't cancel your direct debit payment.
If you’re not eligible to apply for a payment break but find you’re struggling with your finances, please also call us on 0345 266 0124 and we can talk about your current circumstances and what support we can offer you.
- Credit card payment break – if you’re struggling to make your monthly credit card payments, you may be able to apply for a payment break for up to 3 months at a time, with a total break of 6 monthly payments, ending no later than 31 July 2021. To apply call us on 0800 600 5606.
See the FAQs below for full details of our payment breaks.
These offered payment breaks won't affect customers' credit files held by credit reference agencies.
You can use our online services to access and manage your accounts. If you do need further assistance, here's how to contact us:
- Mortgages 0800 169 6010
- Loans – contact details and FAQs are here
- Savings and ISA accounts – contact details and FAQs are here
- Savings accounts – if you opened your account before 2 September 2015, contact details are here
- Credit card – contact details and FAQs are here
- Bereavemeant – if a relative or friend has an account with us you can find help here
Our call centre times are below. Bear with us, our phone lines are very busy while the coronavirus crisis continues.
We want to prioritise those with immediate financial concerns. If you're planning to call us, consider the critical nature of your enquiry to help us prioritise those who need us most.
Fraud and coronavirus
Fraudsters are exploiting the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). To protect yourself from fraud and cybercrime, be vigilant with phishing emails or emails with attachments that may contain malware. We want you to stay safe.