Published 20 March 2020. Updated 22 May 2020.
The AA is committed to supporting its customers through the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and we're here ready to help you.
The safety and welfare of our colleagues and customers is our priority at all times. We've provided guidance in line with the World Health Organization and Public Health England for all our colleagues. And we're working closely with financial institutions to best manage the provision of banking services if the situation escalates.
Many of you are worried and have questions about your arrangements in the face of financial difficulties. We've therefore put the following arrangements in place:
- Mortgage payment break of up to 3 months – we'll provide this option for customers who have owner-occupier or buy-to-let mortgages. You can apply for a break using this form, or call us on 0800 169 6010. As your mortgage is provided by Bank of Ireland (UK) plc you'll be redirected to their website.
- Personal loan payment break of up to 3 months – if your financial circumstances have changed, you can apply for a break using this form. We can then find the right solution for you. As your loan is provided by Bank of Ireland (UK) plc you'll be redirected to their website. While we deal with your application, please don't cancel your direct debit payment.
- Credit card payment break of up to 3 months – if you're struggling to make your monthly credit card payments, apply for a break using this form. As your credit card is provided by Bank of Ireland (UK) plc you'll be redirected to their website.
These offered payment breaks will not affect customers' credit files held by credit reference agencies.
You can use our online services to access and manage your accounts. If you do need further assistance, here's how to contact us:
- Mortgages 0800 169 6010
- Loans – contact details and FAQs are here
- Savings and ISA accounts – contact details and FAQs are here
- Savings accounts – if you opened your account before 2 September 2015, contact details are here
- Credit card – contact details and FAQs are here
- Bereavemeant – if a relative or friend has an account with us you can find help here
Our call centre times are below. Please bear with us, our phone lines are very busy while the coronavirus crisis continues.
We want to prioritise those with immediate financial concerns. If you're planning to call us, please consider the critical nature of your enquiry to help us prioritise those who need us most.
Fraud and coronavirus
Fraudsters are exploiting the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). To protect yourself from fraud and cybercrime, please be vigilant with phishing emails or emails with attachments that may contain malware. We want you to stay safe.