Log in or register
My AA Account

Sign in to see your cover and request assistance online

Log in

Don’t have a My AA account?

You’ll need your policy or membership number

Create an account

Your Finances

Loans | Savings | Credit Cards

Your Driving Lessons

Book a lesson

Travel insurance FAQs

Your frequently asked questions


Your personal travel cover

Can I purchase AA Travel Insurance if I don't live in the UK?

No. The policy only covers UK residents, so non-UK residents are not covered. The UK is defined as England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.

Do you have personal liability cover for holiday accommodation?

Personal liability cover is included for temporary rented holiday accommodation, but not if you own the overseas property, or you have the property on any other type of hire.

Is terrorism covered?

Terrorism is covered providing it wasn't already taking place at the beginning of your trip, at the time of purchasing your policy, or when booking your holiday, whichever is the later.

Are the benefits per person?

The benefits are per person unless otherwise stated.

When does the delayed baggage benefit come into force?

If your baggage is delayed for more than 12 hours after your arrival overseas at your final destination, there is cover up to £300 to replace essential items of toiletries, medication and clothing.

If your property is lost permanently, any payment made under delayed baggage will be deducted from the eventual claim for loss, damage or theft.

Am I covered to work or study in Europe?

We cover some types of manual work, but there's no cover for professional entertaining. Study overseas can be covered but doesn't include any professional liability cover or any excluded activity.

Sports and activities

Is sailing covered as an activity?

Sailing is covered providing you're qualified and you're not racing. We don’t cover personal liability for this activity.

Is there cover for water sports?

Jet boating and powerboating are covered as standard, so long as you're not racing or competing.

For an additional premium we can cover:

  • High diving, as long as its amateur only and not the main purpose of the trip.
  • Scuba diving and mixed gas diving to 40 metres, as long as you're a qualified scuba diver or accompanied by qualified instructor, and not diving alone or involved in cave diving.

There's no cover for motorboats or diving with sharks.

Is cross-country skiing covered?

Pleasure skiing of this type is covered providing you've purchased winter sports and hazardous activities for an additional premium.

What happens if I get hurt while skiing, and I haven't taken out winter sports cover?

You won't be covered for medical costs. Winter sports cover doesn't just add on the specific winter sports (see the policy booklet). It's excluded from all sections of the policy, unless your policy schedule shows that you've bought winter sports cover.

Do I need winter sports cover for ice hockey?

Yes, you do. We can also cover field hockey for an additional premium.

Your health

What if I'm not sure if my medical needs are covered?

Please call us on 0808 169 1195 and we can discuss your medical conditions.

Defaqto 5 Star rated insurance

For your single trip or annual multi-trips