- Chewton Glen, New Milton wins Hotel of the Year, England
- The Gleneagles Hotel, Auchterarder named Hotel of the Year, Scotland
- Carbis Bay Hotel, St Ives crowned Eco Hotel of the Year
- Rudding Park Hotel, Harrogate takes home inaugural Spa of the Year Award
23 September 2019
The best hotels across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland were revealed at the AA Hospitality Awards tonight in a glittering ceremony at Grosvenor House in London.
The twenty-second annual awards were presented by Kate Silverton and honoured the best establishments in the UK across twenty-three categories, including Eco Hotel of the Year, Lifetime Achievement Award, Housekeeper of the Year and the inaugural Spa of the Year.
Pictured: Chewton Glen
The five Hotel of the Year Awards went to: Chewton Glen (England), The Landmark (London), The Grove (Wales), The Gleneagles Hotel (Scotland) and The Fitzwilliam Hotel (Northern Ireland).
The Spa of the Year Award, new to the AA Hospitality Awards this year, was taken home by Rudding Park Hotel, in Harrogate, which was praised for its treatment rooms and beautiful grounds, ideal for a relaxing break.
The Eco Hotel of the Year Award, which recognises hotels dedicated to sustainable policies, went to Carbis Bay Hotel in St Ives, which inspectors singled out for its energy efficiency and creative replanting programme.
Park Plaza Group were the recipients of Large Hotel Group of the Year while Inverlochy Castle Management was crowned Small Hotel Group of the Year.
Seventeen hotels received new AA Red Stars.
Hotel of the Year
- England – Chewton Glen, New Milton
- London – The Landmark, London, NW1
- Wales – The Grove, Narbeth
- Scotland – The Gleneagles Hotel, Auchterarder
- Northern Ireland – The Fitzwilliam Hotel, Belfast
Eco Hotel of the Year
Spa of the Year
Large Hotel Group of the Year
Small Hotel Group of the Year
New Red Stars
Every year AA inspectors select the best hotels within each star rating. These hotels stand out as the very best in the British Isles and are known as ‘Inspectors’ Choice’ hotels.
5 Red Stars
- Foxhill Manor, Broadway, Worcestershire
- Cromlix and Chez Roux, Kinbuck, Dunblane
- Alexander House Hotel, Turners Hill, West Sussex
- Adare Manor, Adare, Limerick
- The Langham, London, W1
- Café Royale, London, W1
- Seaham Hall, Seaham, County Durham
- Torridon, Wester Ross, Torridon
4 Red Stars
- Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort, Ballymena, County Antrim
- The Scarlet, Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
- The Painswick, Painswick, Gloucestershire
- St Ermins Hotel, London, SW1
- The Montagu Arms Hotel, Beaulieu, Hampshire
- Cavendish Hotel, Baslow, Derbyshire
- Maison Talbooth, Dedham, Essex
3 Red Stars
- Bingham Riverhouse, Richmond upon Thames, Surrey
- THE PIG at Combe Hotel, Honiton, Devon