Before we get started
It only takes a few minutes to apply to top up your existing AA Loan. You can also get a quote from us without impacting your credit score. Acceptance is subject to status.
To complete the application please have ready:
- Your existing 19 digit AA Loan agreement number – it's on your loan agreement or most other documents relating to your current loan.
- Income and employment details.
- The sort code and account number of your bank or building society.
- Your previous address if you've lived at your current address for less than 3 years.
- Your mobile phone – we'll send you a One Time Password as part of your application.
To apply for a top-up, you'll need to confirm that you:
- Have an existing AA Loan, and have paid at least 50% of your balance or made 12 payments (your loan must have been taken out after November 2015).
- Have managed your account well and have a good credit history – e.g. you've not missed payments on your current loan.
- Have been a UK resident for at least 3 years.
- Are over 21, and no older than 70 when the loan term ends.
- Have a regular income above £12,000 a year.
- Can ensure that you can meet the repayments, as missed repayments incur a charge and could have severe consequences on your ability to obtain future credit.
- Don't know of, or anticipate, any changes to your income during the life of the loan which could materially affect your ability to afford the repayments.
- Have considered the implications of topping up your existing loan, and have ensured it's in your best interest.
Before applying, you'll have the opportunity to get a quote using our Top Up loan eligibility. If you choose to get a quote from us, you agree to let us look at your credit file and carry out an affordability check to see if we can offer you a loan.
We'll use this information to give you an indication of whether we are likely to accept your application, and if your application was to be successful, a representative APR and monthly payment amount. This check will be visible only to us. Other lenders won't know that you've checked your loan eligibility with us, and your quote won't affect your credit score.
Once we've given you a quote, you can choose to continue to a full application. At this point a full credit search will be carried out, which will be stored on your credit file and will be visible to other lenders.
We take your privacy seriously, and want to be clear about how we use your personal information.
You should therefore read our privacy notices, which explain:
- The types of personal information we collect.
- How we use your personal information.
- With whom we share your personal information.
- Your personal information rights.