Why do I need shop insurance?
A shop insurance policy covers you against legal liabilities and risks you face as a retailer:
- Public liability insurance covers your legal liability to pay damages awarded to members of the public for injury, illness, disease, or damage to their property, sustained as a result of your negligence.
- Employers' liability insurance covers your legal liability to pay damages awarded to an employee for an injury, illness or disease which has resulted from working for you.
Here are the key benefits:
- Employers' liability insurance – essential cover for retailers
- Public liability insurance – up to £5 million cover
- Business interruption insurance cover included
- Shop buildings insurance optional cover available
- Stock and contents insurance – seasonal stock cover increases for goods required during busy times of year
- Money cover included as standard
- Additional cover available for frozen goods, legal expenses, goods in transit