Change your occupation

Let us know you’ve changed jobs

Fill in the form to request a change

To change your occupation on your policy, we’ll need:

  • Your insurance policy number, e.g. AAC/A1PHA/AAA

  • Your name, address and date of birth

  • Your new occupation

For security, only the policy holder can make this change.

We'll update your employment status on your policy to make sure your cover's still valid. You may be charged an administration fee and your premium may go up or down as a result of this change.

Policyholder Details

We'll use these to check your cover and get in touch with you.

Your cover

Named driver details

New job or occupation

Car insurance details

Your personal information
Our privacy notice explains how and why we use your personal information – including what details we hold, who we might share it with, and your choices and rights. It also includes information about any checks and decisions we may make.

What happens next?

Your request will be sent to our Customer Service team. If we have enough information, we’ll update your occupation on your policy and send you a confirmation email within 7 calendar days. If we need more details, somebody will call you.

You may be charged an administration fee and your premium may go up or down as a result of this change to your cover.

What if I drive as a volunteer?

Due to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, some drivers have signed up with voluntary organisations to help people who can't leave their homes. If this is you, you might be wondering if your insurance is still valid.

If you're using your car for voluntary purposes to transport medicines or groceries to help others impacted by coronavirus, your cover won't be affected.

If you've become an NHS Volunteer Responder, your car will also be covered for community response, patient transport and NHS transport volunteering.

You don't need to contact us either to update your policy or extend your cover.

What if I need to update other personal details?