Change name

Let us know you’ve changed your name

Fill in the form and we'll update your policy

Before you start

You can use this form to change your name if:

  • You have car insurance, home insurance or breakdown cover with us, and
  • You're the main policyholder, and
  • You've changed your name or title or noticed a spelling mistake

Looking to transfer your policy?

As the main policyholder, our contract is with you. You can't transfer it to someone else. But you can add someone to your cover or take out a new policy. Call us to discuss your options.

To change your name on your policy, we’ll need:

  • Either the 16-digit code on your membership card or your insurance policy number, e.g. AAC/A1PHA/AAA

  • Your address and date of birth

  • Your name as it currently appears on your cover

  • Your full name, including your title, as you want it to appear

You can check the personal details we have on your policy when you log in to your account.

Your details

We'll use these to check your cover and get in touch with you.

Your cover

What name do we currently have for you?

What name do you want us to have for you?

Your personal information
Our privacy notice explains how and why we use your personal information – including what details we hold, who we might share it with, and your choices and rights. It also includes information about any checks and decisions we may make.

What happens next?
Your request will be sent to our Customer Service team. If we have enough information, we’ll update your name on your policy and send you a confirmation email within 7 calendar days. If we need more details, somebody will call you.

You may be charged an administration fee and your premium may go up or down as a result of this change to your cover.
What if I want to change the main policy holder?
If you want to change the main policy holder or transfer your policy to somebody else, you’ll need to call us.