Buy comprehensive cover directly from us and we'll have a car waiting if yours is written off or stolen.¹
Enhanced personal accident cover
You're covered for up to £7500, which is £2500 more than non-members.
Keep your no-claims discount and pay no excess if an uninsured driver hits your car and it isn't your fault.
car insurance member discount
We love to reward our members
Just get a quote and we'll take 15% off the premium*
Our comprehensive cover gives you more
Free courtesy car when your car is written off or stolen
Free courtesy car while your car is repaired by an approved repairer
Delivered for free by a national car hire network
If your car needs repairs, the courtesy car is provided by the garage doing the repairs.
Courtesy car cover continues for up to 21 days
If your car needs repairs, the courtesy car is provided by the garage doing the repairs and will be available for the full duration of repairs however long they take.
Increase your cover with optional extras
Motor legal assistance
Avoid being left out-of-pocket following a claim where the other party is clearly to blame. Get legal assistance to seek recovery of uninsured losses from the party at fault, such as:
- Car insurance policy excess
- Alternative transport costs
- Loss of earnings
- Compensation for a personal injury
We will provide cover where it is more likely than not your claim will be successful.
You also get:
- 24/7 legal helpline for advice on legal matters
- Following a car accident, 2 hours tuition with an AA driving instructor to help regain your confidence
- A range of motoring related online legal documents, like making a formal complaint to a garage about poor quality workmanship
Claim back your policy excess on a claim where you're at fault or the other party involved cannot be identified.
You can get your excess back on a claim for:
- Accidental damage
- Malicious damage
- Theft or attempted theft
Motor accident plan
Motor Accident Plan pays up to £60,000 if you are injured or die as a result of a car crash.
Motor Accident Plan significantly improves on the personal injury cover included in our comprehensive policy. Compare cover
- Up to an additional £60,000 on top of any payment provided by your AA car insurance policy, or any other personal accident and life insurance cover (up to £40,000 for named drivers)
- Cover for a wider range of injuries including fractures, burns and facial scarring
- £60 cash payment for every 24 hours spent in hospital following a car accident (£40 for named drivers)
Good to know
* This offer is just available to existing customers who have AA breakdown cover. A 15% discount is applied to each new policy taken out for cars at your household, excluding renewals. The discount applies to the core insurance premium, and not to any optional policy add-ons taken. The offer is subject to the AA being able to provide a quote validated on your full details, and applies to the first year of cover only. This offer is not available on price comparison websites or cashback sites. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts, and can be withdrawn or amended at any time.
1 A courtesy car is provided with comprehensive cover while your car is repaired at an approved garage. When you buy comprehensive cover direct from the AA, you also get a free courtesy car for up to 21 days if your car is written off or stolen and not recovered. To qualify, you must be over 18 (over 23 in Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man) and have a full UK driving licence. This additional cover isn't available through price comparison and cashback websites.
5 Star Rating. For the eighth year running, AA comprehensive Car Insurance has been awarded a 5 Star Rating from Defaqto. Defaqto is an independent, financial research company that specialises in rating, comparing and analysing financial products.
The underwriter of your car insurance policy will be chosen from our panel of insurers.
AA Car Insurance is arranged by Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited. Registered office: Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 4EA. Registered in England and Wales number 2414212.
Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Financial Services Register number 310562.