10% of our new customers pay £185 or less for their car insurance*
Buy car insurance today and you'll be entered into our exclusive Members' prize draw to win back your premium**
The right car insurance for you
We offer two types of car insurance, so whether you need comprehensive or third party, fire and theft, we can help.
- With a 5 Star Rating from Defaqto, our comprehensive car insurance provides excellent benefits such as the uninsured driver promise and new for old cover.²
- Stay on the move after an accident, no matter who's at fault – with comprehensive car insurance you'll get a courtesy car while yours is being repaired.³
- Add extra cover to suit your needs, such as Motor Legal Assistance and Excess Protection.
- And you can get vehicle breakdown cover for only £15.
A car insurance quote takes just a few minutes. We just need some details about you, the vehicle you want to insure, and your driving history, including any no claim discount (NCD) you may have.
Increase your cover with optional extras
Motor legal assistance
Avoid being left out-of-pocket following a claim where the other party is clearly to blame. Get legal assistance to seek the recovery of uninsured losses from the party at fault, such as:
- Car insurance policy excess
- Alternative transport costs
- Loss of earnings
- Compensation for a personal injury
We'll provide cover where it is more likely than not your claim will be successful.
You also get:
- 24/7 legal helpline for advice on legal matters
- Following a car accident, 2 hours tuition with an AA driving instructor to help regain your confidence
- A range of motoring related online legal documents, like making a formal complaint to a garage about poor quality workmanship
Need to stay mobile if your car's written off, or stolen and not recovered? Car Hire provides a replacement vehicle for up to 21 days. Here's what you get:
- Hire vehicle provided by a national car hire network.
- The vehicle will be similar in size to your own car, up to a 2.0 litre engine.
- No limit on claims.
Named drivers on your policy with a full UK driving licence can also use the vehicle.
Claim back your policy excess on a claim where you're at fault, or the other party involved can't be identified. You can get your excess back on a claim for:
- Accidental damage
- Malicious damage
- Theft or attempted theft
Motor accident plan
Motor Accident Plan significantly improves on the personal injury cover included in our comprehensive policy.
By including Motor Accident Plan on your policy you can get the following extra benefits following a car accident:
- Up to an additional £100,000 on top of any payment provided by your AA Car Insurance policy, or any other personal accident and life insurance cover (up to £60,000 for named drivers).
- Cover for a wider range of injuries including fractures, burns and facial scarring.
- Up to £750 cover for physiotherapy sessions for injuries, including whiplash.
- Up to £250 cover for stress or trauma counselling.
- £60 payment for spending between 6 and 24 hours in hospital, then for every day thereafter (£40 for named drivers). The same daily payment applies if an injury prevents you from working or carrying out usual activities, for up to 180 days.
Would you need help if your car breaks down? The Roadside level of cover provides:
- 24/7 assistance if your vehicle breaks down over 1/4 mile from your home.
Whatever the weather, our expert patrols usually get to you in less than an hour, and typically get you back on the road after 30 minutes of arrival.
You can also add National Recovery just in case we can't repair your vehicle:
- We'll take you, up to 7 passengers and the vehicle to any UK mainland destination.
So if we can’t complete repairs at the roadside, you can choose to be taken home, to your driving destination or your local garage, regardless of how far this may be.
The Breakdown Cover service is limited to 1 call-out during the insurance policy year.
Good to know
* 10% of AA customers pay £185 or less for their car insurance. Survey of new business sales from theAA.com, March to May 2023. Prices based on comprehensive cover only.
1 Our panel of insurers paid out on average 99.61% of all car insurance claims from May 2021 to June 2022, excluding windscreen claims.
2 New for old cover applies when your car is written off or stolen. The car must be less than 13 months old from the date of first registration, and you must be the first and only registered keeper.
3 Comprehensive cover provides a courtesy car while your car is being repaired at an approved garage.
‡ Based on AA Car Insurance and AA Home Insurance combined customer reviews.
Defaqto 5 Star Rating. AA comprehensive car insurance has been given a 5 Star Rating from Defaqto. Defaqto is a leading financial information, ratings and fintech business, helping consumers, financial institutions and financial advisers make better informed decisions.
The underwriter of your car insurance policy will be provided from our panel of insurers.
AA Car Insurance is arranged by Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited. Registered office: Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 4EA. Registered in England and Wales number 2414212.
Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Financial Services Register number 310562.
** Win back your car insurance premium – prize draw terms and conditions
- 1. The Promotion
- 1.1 You could win back the cost of your annual car insurance premium in this free prize draw.
- 1.2 Each prizewinner can win only one prize. Several prizes are available each month representing 2% of eligible entries.
- 2. The Promoter
- 1.1 Automobile Association Insurance Service Limited, Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 4EA (the AA)
- 3. How to participate in the Promotion
- 3.1 You must purchase an AA Car Insurance policy either via this web page, or by calling 0800 975 8654 and quoting the unique code on your invitation.
- 3.2 We'll use the personal information provided in your AA Car Insurance policy to enter you into the monthly prize draw based on the start date of your policy. One entry will be made in the policyholder's name for each new insurance policy.
- 3.3 Each winner will be chosen at random via an automated process, and you'll have a 2% chance of winning.
- 3.4 By purchasing AA Car Insurance and entering the free prize draw you accept these terms and conditions.
- 4. Prize draw start dates
- 4.1 Each monthly free prize draw will start at 12:00am on the first day of the month.
- 5. Prize draw end dates
- 5.1 Each monthly free prize draw will close at 11:59pm on the last day of the month.
- 6. Eligibility to participate in the Promotion
- 6.1 The free prize draw is only open to purchasers of an AA Car Insurance policy either via this web page, or by calling 0800 975 8654 and quoting the unique code on your invitation.
- 6.2 Each eligible winner's policy must have started at the time the draw is made under clause 7.
- 6.3 The following are not eligible to enter the free prize draw:
- 6.3.1 Employees of the AA or its holding subsidiary companies.
- 6.3.2 Employees of agents or suppliers of the AA or its holding companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration.
- 6.3.3 Members of the immediate families of the employees identified in 6.3.1 and 6.3.2 above.
- 6.4 By entering the free prize draw, you confirm that you're eligible to do so and claim any prize you may win. The AA may require you to provide proof.
- 6.5 Entries not in accordance with these terms and conditions will be excluded.
- 6.6 Entries won't be entered into the free prize draw if they are: received after the end date of the Promotion; incomplete, misspelled, inaudible or incomprehensible; or not in accordance with the instructions given by the AA.
- 6.7 The AA accepts no responsibility for any purchase of AA Car Insurance which isn't completed for any reason, and incomplete purchases won't be considered valid for entry into the prize draw. If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or website failure occurs when you purchase AA Car Insurance online, the AA accepts no responsibility for the incomplete purchase. The AA also accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed or submitted due to a technical malfunction of any kind, such as: a computer hardware or software failure; or a satellite, network or server failure.
- 7. Selection of the winner
- 7.1 Each prize draw will be made 45 days following the monthly prize draw end date.
- 7.2 Each winner will be chosen at random via an automated process from all the eligible entries.
- 7.3 Winners will be notified by email or phone using the details provided on their insurance policy within 10 days of the draw being made under clause 7.1.
- 7.4 The prize can't be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
- 7.5 The AA doesn't accept any responsibility if you're unable to claim a prize.
- 7.6 Each prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance, and if a winner can't be contacted after 5 days of the AA attempting to notify the winner under clause 7.3 above, or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within 10 days after being notified under clause 7.3 above, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at the discretion of the AA.
- 7.7 The prize is not negotiable, exchangeable or transferable for any other product or service or a cash alternative.
- 7.8 The decision of the AA is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome.
- 8. Limitation of liability
- 8.1 In so far as is permitted by law, the AA, its agent or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- 8.2 Under no circumstances will the AA's aggregate liability to you for any claims arising under these terms and conditions which don't fall within clause 8.1 above exceed £200.00.
- 9. Data protection and publicity
- 9.1 The winners may be asked to take part in future publicity.
- 9.2 The AA will use your personal data for the purpose of the management of the free prize draw, including to assess your eligibility for the free prize draw and to administer the competition. You can find more information in the AA Privacy Notice.
- 9.3 The AA must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. We are required to make the forename, surname and the county of the winners available upon request.
- 9.4 If you object to your forename, surname, county or winning entry being published or made available, please contact the AA. In such circumstances the AA must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
The prize draw is not available on price comparison websites and can't be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts, and it can be withdrawn or amended at any time.
AA Insurance prize draws – congratulations to the winners!
We had 5 winners from the 267 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws and the two for AA Home Insurance.
We had 14 winners from the 744 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in January.
We had 11 winners from the 554 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in February.
We had 14 winners from the 659 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in March.
We had 9 winners from the 518 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in April.
We had 17 winners from the 808 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in May.
We had 14 winners from the 683 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in June.
We had 16 winners from the 817 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in July.
We had 18 winners from the 875 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in August.
We had 18 winners from the 874 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in September.
We had 17 winners from the 842 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in October.
We had 6 winners from the 315 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in November.
We had 13 winners from the 640 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in December.
We had 13 winners from the 649 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in January.
We had 14 winners from the 707 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in February.
We had 11 winners from the 560 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in March.
We had 11 winners from the 529 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in April.
We had 14 winners from the 693 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in May.
We had 14 winners from the 709 entries for the two AA Car Insurance prize draws in June.
The winners were chosen at random via an automated process from all the eligible entries. For more information about our prize draws and winners, call us on 0370 533 2211.