Taxi and courier breakdown cover

Taxi, courier and delivery van cover

Get the right cover for you with our flexible business breakdown options

Award-winning cover for your business

If you need to stay on the road to get your passengers to their destination, our business breakdown cover can help keep you moving. You might run a single taxi service or up to 700 hire cars or other specialist vehicles – either way, we've got you covered. All you need to do is choose the right level of cover for you.

Which vehicles do you cover?

Besides taxis, minicabs and delivery vehicles, we cover a range of other specialist vehicles, 3.5 tonnes or under, including:

  • Courier vans, motorbikes, hire or rental vehicles
  • Ambulance, police car and fire engines
  • Dairy, ice cream or refrigerated vans
  • Trade plate vehicles

If you’re not sure if your vehicle would be covered, you can give us a call on 0800 316 0410 to check.

I need cover for something else

If this doesn’t sound like the right fit for your business, take a look at the other business cover we offer – including cars and vans, minibus and business pay as you go for vehicles over 3.5 tonnes.

“Over the years, the AA has provided a consistent high level of service and delivery to our customers. As a business they understand our challenges and have assisted us with standard and exceptional breakdown situations.”

Simon Pilcher, Supplier Manager, Leaseplan
“No other provider has such an all-encompassing array of services as the AA – even offering video calls to its technical helpdesk. Patrols are well-equipped with the AA making a significant investment in the latest diagnostics tools.”

Judging panel, Fleet News Awards 2016

Exclam800black2 Broken down and need help now?

Call us 24/7 0800 420 420

Call us 24/7 0800 420 420

0800 420 420

Good to know
  • Taxi, courier and delivery van cover is also known as Specialist Vehicle Cover. It is included in the Ts&Cs for our Fleet Breakdown Cover policy.
  • The price you pay will depend on the number of vehicles you need cover for and the product add-ons you choose.
  • If you are an existing customer and you have any questions about your cover, you can get in touch with us on 0800 55 11 88 (Option 1).
  • AA Breakdown Cover is arranged by Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited. Registered office: Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 4EA. Registered in England and Wales number 2414212.
  • Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). You can check their register online.
Policy documents

Here's where you'll find policy documents relating to this type of cover.

Taxi, courier and delivery van cover


I don't have cover. Can you send someone if I have an emergency now?

Yes. You can call us on 03300 530 420 to get help straight away.

We'll tell you how much it’ll cost to fix the problem and send an engineer as soon as possible.

I have a heavy goods vehicle (HGV) – can it be covered under taxi, courier and van vehicle cover?

No, if you’ve got a HGV or a vehicle that’s more than 3.5 tonnes you’d need to take out pay as you go truck cover.
How much is the VAT on specialist breakdown cover?

We don’t charge VAT on specialist breakdown cover.

How long will it take for my business account to be set up?

Your account will be set up as soon as you fill in your username, password and memorable question details, after you pay for your cover. Your cover won’t start until you have sent us your vehicle number plate details.

When will I be able to use my taxi, courier and delivery van business breakdown cover?

You can make a claim 24 hours after your cover starts, or after you add vehicle details.

Do I need my breakdown card if I need to call out the breakdown service?

Yes. Your card has the telephone number for your driver to phone in a breakdown situation, and quoting your card number will help us to find your details on the system. You’ll also need to show a valid card when the patrol arrives.

You should receive your breakdown card around 7 days after your account is opened.
Will my company be invoiced if a patrol has to fit spare parts?

If this happens, the driver would have to pay for the part there and then unless alternative arrangements had been made before the callout.

What if I sell one of my covered vehicles mid-way through my breakdown cover period?

You can add another vehicle in its place at any point up to renewal of your cover. If a replacement vehicle isn’t allocated, we won’t be able to give you a refund or credit.

Is my vehicle covered in Europe?

No. If you need to cover your drivers for breakdown and recovery in Europe you’ll need to take out European Breakdown Cover (Fleet Europe). Get in touch with us on 0800 316 0410 to find out more.
Prefer to talk? Get in touch to buy cover

0800 316 0410

Open: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

Call us

Renew, change or cancel your cover

0800 55 11 88

Open: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

Call us