Our driving instructor training provides you with the technical skills and tools to teach, and skills to inspire your pupils to give them the confidence needed to learn to drive.
Through our VR training, you can accelerate your learning and you could start taking lessons in as little as 12 weeks, getting you one step closer to starting your new career.
Request an info pack
Qualifying to become an Approved Driving Instructor
To qualify as an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI), there are 3 DVSA tests which you need to pass.
- Part 1: Theory and Hazard Perception
- Part 2: Driving Ability
- Part 3: Instructional Ability
We provide a blended approach to complete all 3 parts together, giving you access to a part qualified instructor licence before your final Instructional Ability test.
Virtual Reality Training
Once you have passed your Part 1 and Part 2 tests you will move on to the final stage which involves demonstrating your instructional ability.To support your learning we will provide you with
- A 3-day virtual reality training workshop (maximum 12 trainees per group)
- 2 days in-car training with an expert trainer
- 1 day in-car delivering lessons and reviewing development needs
- The opportunity to join online study groups and forums for peer-to-peer learning
What’s involved in the VR training?
As part of our VR training you will experience a series of simulations, as well as fully immersive classroom sessions, our training is affordable without compromising on quality and is all completed by expert in-car tuition and accessible e-learning platforms.
The VR technology places you in the passenger side of the car for a series of simulations.
- You’ll assess different situations in the same way as a qualified driving instructor, reducing the time needed on the road, providing you with the opportunity to qualify faster.
- There are over 200 individual video clips, each integrated with in-motion prompts and visual enhancements, as well as developmental and assessment questions.
Contact our training team
0330 053 0007
Lines open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
For more information on the options available when undertaking driving instructor training.More Information