How does short-term car insurance work?
Short-term car insurance is ideal for:
- Instant cover from 1 to 28 days without putting the no-claims bonus at risk.
- Lending a car to a friend, colleague or relative.
- Borrowing a car from a friend, colleague or relative.
- Immediate drive-away insurance if you've just bought a car.
- Unaccompanied vehicle demonstrations or use of courtesy cars.
Who's eligible for short-term car insurance?
- Drivers aged between 18 and 75.
- Any person with a current full UK driving licence held for a minimum of 6 months, European Union licence for a minimum of 12 months or a provisional driving licence.
- Any person who has been resident in the UK for 12 months or more.
You can get a quote for short-term car insurance in minutes. But please note, there is no discount available for buying short-term car insurance online. Terms and conditions for your short-term car insurance will be available when you get a quote.
Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited will introduce you to Tempcover Ltd, who arrange short-term car insurance. When you click 'Get a quote' you will enter the Tempcover Ltd website, where you can get a quote or buy temporary car insurance. Tempcover Ltd will send you complete documentation by email after you have purchased your policy.