Log in or register
My AA Account

Sign in to see your cover and request assistance online

Log in

Don’t have a My AA account?

You’ll need your policy or membership number

Create an account

Your Finances

Loans | Savings | Credit Cards

Your Driving Lessons

Book a lesson

Insurance for landlords

Cover for rental properties

Call 0800 294 0905 for a quote

Why do I need landlords insurance?

We'll cover the properties you own, and make sure you meet the liabilities and risks you face in renting them to tenants.

Your rental properties may include:

  • Residential (including blocks of flats)
  • Commercial, industrial, offices and shops
  • Unoccupied
  • Properties under construction
  • Tenants such as professionals, students, DWP and asylum seekers

And here are the key benefits:

  • Portfolio of properties catered for
  • Buildings insurance with a wide range of benefits
  • Landlords contents insurance available as required
  • Accidental damage optional cover available
  • Loss of rent insurance available as required
  • Employers' liability insurance – up to £10 million cover
What types of cover do I need in addition to buildings insurance?

Landlord's contents, rental income and engineering cover (for any heating, ventilation, air conditioning and lifts) can all be catered for. Liability insurance is essential.

Can I insure more than one property with a landlords' insurance policy?

Yes – the cover we offer allows you to insure multiple buy-to-let properties, saving you time and effort.

Good to know

AA Business Insurance is arranged by Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited. Registered office: Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 4EA. Registered in England and Wales number 2414212.

Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Financial Services Register number 310562.

Call now for a quote

0800 294 0905

Lines are open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm.

0800 294 0905