Log in or register
My AA Account

Sign in to see your cover and request assistance online

Log in

Don’t have a My AA account?

You’ll need your policy or membership number

Create an account

Your Finances

Loans | Savings | Credit Cards

Your Driving Lessons

Book a lesson


Protect your property against the unexpected

Get in touch now for a quote
0800 197 4180

Peace of mind all year round

  • Usps white tick
    Flexible cover
    Choose the right level of protection for you and your tenants – from emergency assistance to cover with all the extras.
  • Usps white tick
    24/7 helpline
    Call us day or night if things go wrong in your rental property – there’s no limit on the number of call-outs you can make.
  • Usps white tick
    Quick quote
    It only takes 5 minutes to get a quote. Get in touch with us to find out more details about each level of cover.

What we can cover for landlords

Routine and emergency boiler and central heating repairs

Boiler and central heating

  • Broken down boiler – it’ll help us if you have your make and model number handy when you call
  • Central heating not working
  • Boiler not starting up
  • Faulty radiator
  • Thermostat not working properly
  • Option to include annual boiler service

Other routine and emergency home repairs

Other home repairs and emergencies

  • Burst or dripping pipe
  • Blocked toilet or drain
  • Faulty toilet flush
  • Complete loss of electrical power
  • Faulty light switch or power socket
  • Broken windows – we’ll make them safe until you can replace the glass
  • Home security – if you’ve lost your keys, we can help you get into your home and secure it
  • Wasp or hornet nest – we’ll remove a nest if it’s inside or attached to your home

Call us for a quote on 0800 197 4180

Policy documents

Boiler and home cover terms and conditions

Our boiler and home cover policy documents give you all the details of what is and isn’t included for:

  • Home Response Plus
  • Central Heating Emergency Response
  • Central Heating Response Plus
  • Home Emergency Response

The current version below applies to cover starting from 6 July 2016 or renewed from 3 August 2016 onwards

Home membership terms and conditions booklet - July 2016

Previous policy booklets

The version below applies to cover starting from 29 January 2015 to 5 July 2016 (renewed from 26 February 2016 to 2 August 2016)

Home membership terms and conditions booklet - January 2015

The version below applies to cover starting from 24 September 2014 to 28 January 2015 (renewed from 22 October 2014 to 25 February 2015)

Home membership terms and conditions booklet - September 2014

About AA Insurance Services Limited

Please read this PDF summarising the services we offer.

Information about AA Insurance Services Limited (updated April 2015)

Good to know

Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited is an insurance intermediary authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Financial Services Register number 310562. You can check their register 

As a landlord, what are my legal duties in relation to gas safety?

You should ensure gas appliances are serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. If these aren’t available, it’s recommended that the appliances are serviced annually - unless advised otherwise - by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

You’ll also need to make sure that annual safety checks are carried out on each gas appliance and flue. These checks should be made within one year before the start of any new lease.

All installation, maintenance and safety checks must be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer, and a record of each safety check kept for at least two years.

Copies of the latest safety check record (CP12) should be given to existing tenants within 28 days of the check being completed, or to new tenants before they move in.

Does home and boiler cover include a Gas Safety record?

No. You’ll need to arrange an annual check by a Gas Safe Registered engineer to get a Gas Safety Record (CP12). 

I’m a tenant. Can I take out boiler and home cover?

Yes you can. Usually a landlord takes care of emergency repairs, but you can get cover if you rent property from a private landlord. We’ll ask you to confirm that your landlord is happy for us to carry out work at their property when you make a claim.

We’re not able to cover social or housing association tenants.

Get in touch on 0800 197 4180 to buy cover for the property you're renting.

I’m a landlord. Can I take out boiler and home cover?

Yes. We can cover your home as well as up to five rental properties.

If you take out cover with us, you can give your tenants permission to contact us for assistance on your behalf – you’ll just need to give them the policy number to quote when they call.

How many properties will be covered?

One. Each property requires its own cover.