North Lodge, Windsor Road, OLD WINDSOR, SL4 2JL
Partly designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest, Runnymede is an area of meadows, grassland, and woodland that sits alongside the Thames. Best known as the site where King John sealed the Magna Carta in 1215, this momentous event was commemorated by the American Bar Association, who built a monument here in 1957. There is also a memorial to American President, John F Kennedy. Also there are the Fairhaven Lodges, designed by Edward Lutyens.
Tel: 01784 432891
Send an email
Entry free but car parking £1.50-£7. Coaches £5-£10. NT & disabled badge holders free
Memorials car park open Dec & Jan 9-4 (last entry 3.30)
Feb-Mar & Oct-Nov 9-5 (last entry 4.30)
Apr-Sep 9-7 (last entry 6.30)
Riverside car park open Apr-Sep 10-7 (last entry 6.30)
Average visit 1.5hrs
Dogs not allowed in tearoom
Assist dogs allowed all areas.
Steps to front of tea rooms, woodland areas unsuitable for wheelchairs, other areas may be uneven & muddy in bad weather conditions
Accessible fishing platforms
From M25 junct 13. 2m W of Runnymede Bridge on S & N side of A308. 6m E of Windsor