Service is as important as price
Looking for a cheap deal on breakdown cover? Remember that service is just as important as price.
If you rely heavily on your car, make sure you check that the products you’re comparing offer the same level of service and benefits.
Our highly skilled mobile mechanics have the latest cutting-edge technology and specialist equipment to help get you back on the road.
With more trained, dedicated experts than anyone else, we’re the largest UK breakdown organisation – so chances are we won’t be too far away if you’re stranded.
Other companies may keep costs down by offering a lower level of service, so they can attract you with a low price. We do not. Take a look at our tips on comparing breakdown companies and cover.
Our starting level of cover
Our roadside assistance always gives you:
- 24/7 cover, 365 days a year
- Cover for breakdowns over 1/4 mile from home
- Unlimited callouts
- Can’t fix your car at the roadside? We’ll take you to a nearby garage
- Over 1,000 more dedicated patrols than anyone else1
- No-quibbles extras – such as free fuel top-ups if you’ve run out, mud and snow recovery, up to £5 worth of free parts for roadside repairs
Add some extras – and peace of mind
Need more cover? You can add features to your breakdown membership to give you even more peace of mind.
- At Home – brings cover right to your doorstep
- National Recovery – gets you and your car to a UK mainland destination of your choice
- Onward Travel – choose from a hire car for up to 72 hours, public transport costs or overnight bed and breakfast accommodation if your car can’t be fixed
The perks of membership
It’s the extra benefits you get with breakdown membership that can help you save money, on top of a great price. From delicious deals at hundreds of pubs and restaurants to 20% off at Moto service areas, we’re always giving you perks for being with us.
Plus, just having an AA membership card unlocks lots more benefits to save you money on things you actually need.
- Discounts on tyres from the AA
- 50% off your MOT test
- 20% off selected car parts at National
- 20% off at Moto and 10% off at Moto M&S
- Other travel savings, special discounts and cheap deals
Breakdown membership – choose your cover
Money well spent
Without breakdown cover you could be in for some nasty surprises.
- The average cost of a callout from a local garage is £802
- A breakdown on the motorway could cost over £1503
Remember – it’s usually cheaper to buy a year's policy in advance than break down and be forced to call someone out.
Did you know?
Over 15 million people in the UK & Ireland rely on us to get them moving again if they break down.
1 MINTEL report: Vehicle Recovery – UK, September 2014. The website of the second largest provider stated that they had 'approximately 1,500 patrols' on 8 October 2015.
2 AA Survey of Garages Nationwide, March 2015.
3 Based on the cost of service including a Highways Agency arranged tow off the motorway and garage callout based on AA Survey of Garages Nationwide, March 2015.