Log in or register
My AA Account

Sign in to see your cover and request assistance online

Log in

Don’t have a My AA account?

You’ll need your policy or membership number

Create an account

Your Finances

Loans | Savings | Credit Cards

Your Driving Lessons

Book a lesson

International Certificate for Motor Vehicles (ICMV)

What to do if you’re told you need one

We can issue these certificates for you

The International Certificate for Motor Vehicles (ICMV) is an official, multilingual translation of your vehicle registration document (V5c), and it may be required by some countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).

Here at the AA, we can issue ICMVs for you. They can only be issued for UK-registered vehicles, and are valid for 12 months.

How to get one

If you have been advised by the official authorities of the country you are visiting that an ICMV is required then you can apply for one from the AA's International Motoring Department. 

For an application form, send us an email at IMS@theAA.com.

We can only issue an ICMV against a UK registered vehicle.

European breakdown cover

Peace of mind when you drive abroad, with access to over 40,000 trusted garages in 44 countries