217 Uxbridge Road, LONDON, W12 9DH
The building dates from 1829 when it was the terminus of a tram route from Acton. Not until it was rebuilt in 1872 did it take on its new vocation and grand 'gin palace' appearance thanks to architect William Bruton; he was known as 'the supreme music hall artist of pub architects'. In keeping with this heritage, today's Princess Victoria maintains a close relationship with a local gin distillery - Sipsmiths in Chiswick; the Gin Palace Extravaganza, a distillery tour, followed by a meal at the pub is an ever popular feature of their busy social diary. The brasserie-style menu ranges from fine charcuterie to steaks from the charcoal oven served with triple-cooked chips.