Skip to content

Print this page Back to results

George Hotel

Main Street East, INVERARAY, PA32 8TT

Although built back in 1770 by the Duke of Argyll as two private houses, the George has been, since 1860 a hotel owned by the Clark family. Occupying a prime spot in this historic conservation town, it has been sensitively added to over the years, but without detracting from the original flagstone floors and four alluring log and peat fires. More than 100 whiskies and a range of Fyne Ales from up the road at Cairndow are complemented by a menu that includes dressed Mull of Kintyre crab, Scottish smoked hake, and haggis, neeps and tatties. Beer and music festivals are held on bank holidays in May and August.

Further information

Tel: 01499 302111
Please quote 'The AA'.
Send an email

Principal beers

Fyne Ales


All day all week


25 Dec


Children welcome.
Dog friendly.
Coach parties catered.



View larger map
Javascript is required to view this map


Use the route planner for your trip

On A83

Local information for PA32 8TT

Find the following on: