Skip to content

Print this page Back to results

All Saints

London E15,

The parish church of West Ham was established in 1135 and rebuilt in Early English style in the reign of Henry II (1154-89), when its Norman walls were pierced with arches and round pillars, and the north and south aisles added. The 23m (74ft) tower is early 15th century, the north chapel is built in Tudor brick, and the pews are 18th-century - being stripped of their dark paint in the 1970s. During the Victorian restoration the reredos, designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott (architect of the Albert Memorial) was installed in the sanctuary.

Further information

Accessibility

All Saints

Local information for

Find the following on: