Manage your credit card
Here's where to access your account
|Remember, you must activate your new AA Credit Card before you use it by registering for Online Servicing.|
Registering online is quick and easy – we'll ask you to enter a few details and create a username and password. Then you just confirm which card you want to activate and you're ready to go.
Once you've registered, you can:
- Make a payment or set up a Direct Debit.
- Check your balance and available credit.
- View your statements online.
- Download and print your statements online.
- Complete a balance transfer.
- View your PIN online, update your contact details.
- And of course, activate a card ready for use.
Good to know
* A call to an 0345 number costs no more than calls to geographic landline numbers beginning with 01 or 02. Numbers starting with 0800 are free to call from UK landlines and mobiles. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and compliance purposes.
The AA Credit Card is provided by Bank of Ireland (UK) plc.
Bank of Ireland (UK) plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority. Bank of Ireland (UK) plc is incorporated in England and Wales (7022885). Registered office: Bow Bells House, 1 Bread Street, London EC4M 9BE. Bank of Ireland UK is a trading name of Bank of Ireland (UK) plc.
Bank of Ireland UK adheres to the Standards of Lending Practice which are monitored and enforced by the Lending Standards Board.
Please read the Statement of Lender and Borrower Responsibilities which sets out our key responsibilities.
How to dispute a transaction
If you need to dispute a transaction on your account, please download and use the form below: