How does the service work?
We work with our energy tech partner, Flipper, to find the best available energy tariff for you and switch you to it. We’ll even manage the whole process for you.
We find you the best possible deal by checking the market and your energy bills four times a year. So if we find you a better deal with even greater savings, we'll switch you again. We’ll always tell you when we’re going to perform our checks, and give you the option to opt out if you’d prefer to stay on your current tariff.
And because we only work for you (we don’t take commission from suppliers), you can be sure that the best possible deal is the one that suits your needs, not ours.
Once you've bought annual boiler cover, our energy switching service will be available to you free of charge for 12 months - as long as your cover remains in place.
Find out more.
How's this different from price comparison sites?
- We find the best available deal for you – not just present you with lists of quotes to understand and compare.
- We switch you and manage the whole process for you – we don't just show you which deals are available.
- We get accurate data from your bills, rather than relying on estimations to work out your energy usage.
- We don’t take commission from energy suppliers, which means we can switch you to the best possible deals.
- We don’t share/sell your data, or bombard you with ads.
- We make sure that, at the time you're switched, you won't pay more for energy than you should – unlike the traditional method of calculating savings, which isn't always fair for UK energy customers as it can result in heavily inflated “phantom” savings.
How do you know which deal is best for me?
We take your kilowatt hour usage figures for a 12-month period, and then compare the rates you're paying with the best rates on the market to find you a deal that suits your needs. The figures we use should come from a recent bill, which we can get in one of two ways:
- Connect us to your online energy account (if you don’t have one, we can create one for you) and we’ll download it from there, or
- Upload your latest PDF bill for us to check
If this figure is estimated, our calculations won't be quite as accurate. We don't compare what you PAY for your energy with what you WILL pay – the amount you're billed doesn't directly relate to how much energy you use. Our calculations always assume that you'll have a settled balance after 12 months.
Which suppliers can you switch me to?
Working with Flipper, we can access every tariff from every supplier on the market in the UK for you.
We want you to receive the best service possible, so we won’t switch you to any suppliers that don’t meet our five supplier requirements:
- Take no more than 35 days to switch you after they receive your application, and don’t need to visit your home to complete your switch.
- Send the full details of your new tariff and offer you a 14-day cooling-off period to cancel your switch.
- Issue regular and accurate bills on time (at least once every six months), and make them available to you via an online energy account.
- Work with your current suppliers to make sure you aren’t charged twice for the same energy, and let us know about any problems with your switch as soon as possible.
- Send you your final bill no later than six weeks after your switch is complete, and pay any money they owe you no later than 14 days after sending you your final bill.
You can even choose to exclude certain suppliers if you want – just let us know which ones when you sign up.
Can I change my mind?
Yes, you have a 14-day cooling-off period to cancel each supplier switch if you change your mind. And if you don't like your new supplier for any reason, we'll switch you again at no extra cost with no questions asked. We might need your assistance in order to cancel a switch.
After the cooling-off period it becomes much more difficult to cancel, so we recommend that you let us know if there are any issues as soon as possible.
If you'd like to completely cancel the energy switching service during the period you have boiler cover with us, get in touch with us on 0208 068 1498.
Do you take exit fees into account when you switch me?
Yes. When we switch you, you may have to pay exit fees. We calculate your savings with these included – so the saving figure you see is how much you'll save AFTER the fees are deducted.
Sometimes there'll be a period of 40 or more days at the end of your tariff where exit fees won't be charged. If we've already switched you to a tariff that includes them, and we switch you again further down the line, it'll be because you're saving more money even after they’ve been paid.
As we flip you to better tariffs throughout the year, we consider more than just savings when finding your best deal. We take your current exit fees into account, and compare these as well as savings on available new tariffs to make sure you get the biggest long term savings.
There’ll be occasions where you’re better off waiting until you won’t incur exit fees before we switch you. If this is the case, we’ll let you know and carry out your tariff check when you’ll no longer pay any penalties for ending your contract early.