Westbury Road, EDINGTON, BA13 4PG
Opened as the Paulet Arms in 1750 by Harry Paulet, the Lord of Edington Manor, locals quickly christened it the Three Daggers, after the family's coat of arms. It has always been well known for its friendly atmosphere, enjoyable meals and Daggers ale. The interesting menus might include Downland's black pudding Scotch egg, braised haricot beans and tomato sauce; lamb and rosemary pie; baked pollock fillet, creamed peas and bacon; and dry-aged 28-day steaks from Stokes Marsh Farm. Next door there is a farm shop and also a microbrewery with a viewing gallery. Excellent B&B rooms with kitchen facilities are available too.