Caravan and camping scheme
When you become a member of our recognition scheme you’ll enjoy an excellent range of benefits. Caravan parks and campsites are inspected and rated from 1 to black pennants. This is an assessment of the quality and variety of facilities a park offers – including customer care and hospitality, toilet facilities and park landscaping – based on the inspector's experienced opinion. They are each given a percentage score between 50 and 100, which indicates the relative quality of parks with the same pennant rating. The top level is classified as a 'Five Pennant Premier Park'.
The AA pennant rating is only based on the touring pitches and the facilities at campsites and caravan parks; our inspectors do not visit or report on rented static caravans or chalets.
‘Holiday centre’ is the term used to distinguish a park that caters for all holiday needs. Anyone staying on one of these parks will have no need to go elsewhere for meals or entertainment. Those classed as holiday centres will offer:
- A wide range of onsite sports, leisure and recreational facilities
- Supervision and security of a very high level
- A choice of eating outlets
- Touring facilities of equal importance to statics
- Maximum density of 30 pitches per acre
- A clubhouse with entertainment provided
- An automatic laundry
Holiday centres also receive a percentage score between 50 and 100 to give an indication of quality levels within each bracket. Like the pennant rating, this percentage is reassessed annually.
Glamping sites are inspected and rated from 1 to 5 black pennants. This is an assessment of the quality and variety of facilities a site offers – based on the inspector's experienced opinion. The percentage score runs from 50 to 100, and indicates the relative quality of sites with the same pennant rating.
What do you get?
- Inspection and pennant rating – recognised and accepted throughout the UK
- Your own page on theAA.com including photos of your establishment, plus the opportunity to add a direct link to your website
- Unlimited use of the AA brand in your promotional material