Please see the Roadside Breakdown Cover offer terms and breakdown assistance options below. There is also important information about renewing your breakdown cover.
Roadside Breakdown Cover offer
- The Roadside Breakdown Cover offer is for 12 months and is only available for Home Insurance policies purchased online.
- The 50% discount for 12 months' Roadside Breakdown Cover refers to the current online price of personal cover only, and cannot be used with any other offer.
- Home Insurance policies purchased online are entitled to redeem 50% off 12 months' Roadside Breakdown Cover during the 6 months following the purchase of your policy. This can be redeemed by calling customer services on 0800 980 7658, and providing the promotional code received at the payment confirmation and your policy number.
- This offer is only available to non-Members when purchasing your Home Insurance online, and an annually recurring Direct Debit for your breakdown cover has been set up. Your cover will be renewed automatically. You will always be advised of this in advance and have the opportunity to cancel your Breakdown Cover.
- If Home Start and Relay cover options are added to the Roadside offer, these will be available at 50% off the normal price for these products. Other add-ons are available when purchasing AA Home Insurance, which can be viewed here.
- This offer is not available to residents of the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. Please call AA membership on 0343 316 4444 for further information.
- The offers of 50% off Roadside Breakdown Cover, 50% off Home Start, and 50% off Relay Cover cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. This offer is not available in a breakdown situation. Breakdown Cover is subject to terms and conditions.
Your cover options
The following cover options are available when you buy breakdown cover with your Home Insurance.
All cover options are for personal cover, which means you (the home insurance policyholder) are covered in any eligible vehicle.
Provides assistance if you've broken down at least 1/4 mile away from home. Our aim is to fix your vehicle and get you on your way, but if we can’t do this within a reasonable time we'll tow your car to the nearest suitable repairer.
We'll take you, your vehicle and up to 7 passengers to a UK destination of your choice if we can't fix your car at the roadside or arrange a prompt local repair.
Call us out if you break down on your driveway or within 1/4 mile from home. You can even book a time for us to come and fix your car. Our aim is to get you on your way, but if we can't do this within a reasonable time we will provide a local tow to the nearest suitable repairer.
Renewing your cover
Payment for breakdown cover is made by annual Direct Debit. Your cover is for 12 months and will be automatically renewed on expiry.
You'll be sent a renewal letter well in advance of your cover expiry date, so you'll have plenty of time to change your cover or cancel if you don't want to renew.
AA Breakdown Cover is arranged by Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited. AA Breakdown Cover is, unless otherwise stated, underwritten by Automobile Association Developments Limited, trading as AA Breakdown Services.
Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited registered office: Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 4EA. Registered in England and Wales number 2414212.
Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Financial Services Register number 310562. You can check their register or call the FCA on 0800 111 6768.