Here's the Civil Aviation Authority's advice on what you should do if you've flights booked with Monarch
- If you're abroad, the Civil Aviation Authority is arranging for all Monarch customers to come home on scheduled flights. You'll be contacted with your new flight details, which are available on the Monarch website.
- If you booked a package holiday with Monarch, please contact Monarch directly to arrange a refund. Full details are on the Monarch website.
- If you booked flights with Monarch on or before the 14 December 2016, your flights will be refunded by ATOL, and they'll contact you to arrange this.
- If you booked flights with Monarch on or after the 15 December 2016, then you won't be covered by ATOL. Therefore, if you paid by credit card contact your credit card provider for a full refund. If you paid by PayPal contact PayPal for a refund. If you paid by debit card and your flights cost more than £100, then contact your bank and ask for a chargeback.
- The AA Standard travel insurance policy offers 'Financial Failure Holiday Protection' cover. Please refer to the policy for full details, which can be found at AA Travel Insurance.