Which type of used car are you looking for?
One reason why nearly 8 million used cars* were sold across the UK in 2021 is the sheer amount of choice available. There’s a type of used car for everyone, whatever you might be looking for.
But to work out which of the many used cars for sale right now could be your perfect match, it’s worth asking yourself a few simple questions:
- What do you need the car for? Is it for commuting or something to get your work done? Maybe it’s for those regular school runs or even fun family days out?
- How much can you afford to pay? Do you have the funds in place?
- Have you thought about running costs? Tax, insurance and fuel costs can be a factor.
- Looking for manual or automatic transmission?
- Is a petrol or diesel engine your choice? Or how about a hybrid or full-electric option?
- Do you have an existing car to sell or part-exchange?
Thinking about these points can give you a better idea of the type of car you’re looking for – coupes, hatchbacks, estates or something else? You might even have a list of makes and models that best fit your car needs. At the very least, you can bear these points in mind as part of your used car search.* Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders data