This inn sits in three acres of gardens alongside the River Severn, offering its customers delightful river views both outdoors and from a modern conservatory. Originally a vicarage for St Peter’s church in the village, the building also housed a girls’ school and a railway halt before becoming a pub in 1878. The inn is popular with anglers. The monthly-changing menu might open with curried beef pancake; or chicken liver pâté, followed by perhaps beef bourguignon; turkey and ham pie; or vegetarian chilli. Comforting desserts include golden syrup sponge. Their own brew, Riverside Inn Bitter, is available in the cosy bar.