Don't drink and drive
Tips for designated drivers
21 November 2011
- Before you set out check that the spare wheel is legal and inflated, the washer bottle is full and all the lights work correctly.
- Study the weather forecast and traffic information before you leave, then plan a route, taking account of any pick-ups and drop-offs. Take an up-to- date map in case you have to change your route for any reason.
- Take warm clothes if it’s cold and ensure you have an ice scraper to hand. A credit card won’t do!
- Take a fully-charged mobile phone and take a note of the mobile number and home addresses of all your passengers before they join the party.
- Tell your passengers what time you intend to leave and where the vehicle will be parked for their return journey.
- Make sure that all passengers wear seat belts… after a good night out, they might forget!