Victorian property with bedrooms in-keeping with the style of the house
At a glance
2 Rosette restaurant
Located south of the village, there is an elegant oak-lined avenue leading to Tinakilly House, a Victorian mansion steeped in history. It was built in 1884 for Captain Robert Halpin, Master Mariner and Commander of SS Great Eastern who laid the telegraphic cable joining Europe to America. There are lovely garden views from the lounges that have open log fires. Some of the comfortable bedrooms and suites enjoy views over the Irish Sea and bird sanctuary at Broadlough Costal Lagoon. Furnishings throughout reflect the Victorian period yet provide all modern comforts. Fine dining is available in the Brunell Restaurant, and snacks and afternoon tea are served in the drawing room, or in pods on the lawn when weather permits.