Log in or register
My AA Account

Sign in to see your cover and request assistance online

Log in

Don’t have a My AA account?

You’ll need your policy or membership number

Create an account

Your Finances

Loans | Savings | Credit Cards

Your Driving Lessons

Book a lesson

Contractors insurance

Cover for your plant, materials and tools

Call 0800 294 0905 for a quote

Why do I need contractors insurance?

Plant and materials insurance, also know as contractor's 'all risk cover', provides cover for your tools and materials as well as the building works you are working on while under contract.

Here are the key benefits:

  • Property awaiting sale – cover available in these circumstances
  • Hire company charges – cover for equipment loss or damage charges
  • UK cover – your tools are covered across the UK and in transit
  • Off-site storage included as standard
  • Free debris removal cover included as standard
  • Architects' and surveyors' fees covered for 'reinstatement of property'
  • Low policy excesses
Do I need contractors' all risk cover?

Contractors' all risks insurance (also known as contract works insurance) provides cover for the cost of loss or damage to building works while you are responsible for them. It also provides cover for loss or damage to your plant machinery and tools.

What is included under tool cover with plant and materials insurance?

Tool cover with plant and material insurance provides protection against accidental and malicious damage, and theft at a contract site. Cover includes work in progress, your tools, and both fixed and unfixed materials on site.

What if my plant is hired-in?

Plant and materials cover is available for your own plant and any tools that you need to hire. You can specify the level of cover you need, based on the equipment you use.

Do you provide insurance for IT contractors?

If you are an IT contractor or do contract work in a similar professional field you may be interested in consultants' liability insurance or professional indemnity insurance.

Good to know

AA Business Insurance is arranged by Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited. Registered office: Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 4EA. Registered in England and Wales number 2414212.

Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Financial Services Register number 310562.

Call now for a quote

0800 294 0905

Lines are open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm.

0800 294 0905