Fuel card offer terms and conditions
1. Subject to paragraph 1 and paragraph 3 of this section ("Eligibility"), this introductory offer shall be available to new customers who (i) buy breakdown membership together with one or more options (together the Membership) and (ii) opt to pay for the Membership on an annual continuous basis (referred to as New Customers or You in these Terms and Conditions).
2. By participating in this promotion, You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions set below.
3. This introductory offer is not available to non UK residents or to customers who purchase Membership through the following channels:
- broken down at the roadside;
- arriving from 'cashback' websites including Quidco, Top Cashback, Asperity and Greasy Palm;
- affinity arrangements;
- manufacturer conversions;
- existing AA insurance customers;
- AA cars customers;
- bank added-value account customers,
and such customers shall not be eligible for the introductory offer.
4. The AA reserves the right to terminate, withdraw or amend the introductory offer at any time without prior notice with respect to persons who have not committed to purchase the Membership.
The introductory offer
1. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, New Customers can claim an AA prepaid MasterCard (Fuel Card) worth up to a maximum £75. The Fuel Card can be used at any UK fuel station where MasterCard is accepted.
2. The value of the Fuel Card will depend on the number of options a New Customer purchases with their breakdown membership. The options comprise National Recovery, At Home, Onward Travel and/or Parts and Garage Cover. You can claim:
- £20 Fuel Card when adding 1 option;
- £30 Fuel Card when adding 2 options;
- £50 Fuel Card when adding 3 options;
- £75 Fuel Card when adding 4 options.
1. To receive the introductory offer, the annual Membership payment must have been received in full, no claim for a refund shall have been made and the 14-day cooling-off period must have expired. We reserve the right to decline claims to a Fuel Card where payment has not been received or a refund has been given or applied for.
2. The Fuel Card will be administered by a third party (Xexec) in accordance with their terms and conditions (the Xexec T&Cs, set out below). We will need to pass on some of Your data to Xexec, although this will be kept secure and will not be used for any other purpose. In applying for the Fuel Card (see section on "How This Works" below) You are indicating that You agree to us passing your data on to Xexec and accept and agree to the Xexec T&Cs.
3. The application for a Fuel Card will be completed online (see section on "How It Works" below for further details) and You must therefore provide a valid e-mail address at the time of purchasing a Membership in order for us to be able to send You the details on how to claim the Fuel Card. Failure to do so will lead to You having no further entitlement.
How it works
Subject to the conditions listed above being met (to the extent applicable):
1. 28 days after the Membership (policy) start date, or the receipt of membership documents by You, whichever happens later (but in any event within 60 days of committing to purchase Membership) You will receive an email from Xexec with instructions of how to claim the Fuel Card.
2. The email (the Email) will contain Your unique reference number.
3. To claim the Fuel Card You must follow the instructions in the Email, which will involve clicking on a link embedded in the Email which will divert You to Xexec's website (the Website).
4. You will be required to enter the unique reference number stated in the Email, and follow the subsequent instructions on the Website. This must have been completed within 30 days of receiving the Email. Failure to do so will lead to You having no further entitlement.
5. Once the instructions on the Website have been completed the Fuel Card will be posted to Your home address within 14 days.
6. Upon receipt by You, the Fuel Card will be ready for use. The Fuel Card can be used at any UK fuel station where MasterCard is accepted.
Things you need to know
1. Only one Fuel Card will be issued for each New Customer.
2. This introductory offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions.
3. There is no cash alternative to the introductory offer described in these Terms and Conditions.
4. The Fuel Card will be valid until the expiration date printed on the front of the card (six months from card issuance). Failure to use the Fuel Card by the expiration date will lead to You having no further entitlement.
5. If the amount of the value available on the Fuel Card is not enough to cover a purchase, You will need to pay the difference by other means first (cheque, cash, debit or credit card) and then use the Fuel Card.
6. Once in receipt of the Fuel Card, New Customer's shall be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions for its use.
7. The Fuel Card will be invalid if it has been tampered with or defaced.
8. MasterCards are issued pursuant to licence from MasterCard. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard.
These are the terms and conditions for Xexec and its agents, whose products and services are represented within this website and on other third party web sites and marketing material. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the descriptions and pictures contained within these media and on gift vouchers themselves are a true reflection of the events or products, these do not form part of a contract. Once a specific voucher/card has been ordered, you will automatically become bound by the terms and conditions that individual operator may have. This does not affect your statutory rights.
1. Availability – Your Fuel Card will be provided in a pre-paid card format that will have a limited time for utilisation. This will be 6 months after it is issued. You must use your card within this time period and no substitutions or new cards will be issued for cards not utilised within the required time frame.
2. Validity – Each card is valid for a maximum of six months unless otherwise stated. A card will be deemed to be invalid if it is out of date (the validity date is clearly stated on the card). It is recommended that all cards are utilised as early as possible.
3. Operators & Liability – We have tried to ensure that the descriptions and images used on all marketing material are accurate. However, images are intended to give a general idea of the experience described and do not form any contract between the purchaser and / or recipient and Xexec.
4. Exchanges and Refunds – All Fuel Cards and vouchers are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
5. Packaging – All cards will be dispatched by First Class Royal Mail, we cannot be held liable for any loss suffered as a result of mail being delayed. The Fuel Card is invalid if it has been tampered with or defaced. Xexec accepts no responsibility for lost or stolen Fuel Cards. Please keep the cards in a safe place and protect them as you would money.