This extended Victorian mansion, set in 55 acres of parkland, is peacefully situated just outside the city and is convenient for the airport. The original building dates from 1840, and was bought nearly 40 years later by John Usher of the Scottish brewing family. Today both the contemporary bedrooms and the very spacious, traditional ones have an impressive range of accessories including large flat-screen satellite TVs, DVD/CD players and free high speed internet access. Executive rooms have more facilities, of course, including MP3 connection and 'tilevision' TVs at the end of the baths. Public areas take in a choice of lounges as well as dining options, with a popular brasserie and the intimate Ushers Restaurant. There is a health club, and a spa which offers a long list of treatments.