The Close, ST DAVIDS, Haverfordwest, SA62 6PE
Begun 1181 on the reputed site of St Davids 6th-century monastic settlement, the present building was altered during the 12th to the 14th centuries and again in the 16th. The ceilings of oak, painted wood and stone vaulting are of considerable interest. The medieval Shrine of St David, a focus for pilgrimage since the 12th-century, was restored in 2012 and now contains five new icons depicting local saints together with a painted canopy.
From Haverfordwest A487 into St Davids, pass Cross Sq, left into car park