The Church Inn is set in an historic Peak District village, and opened in 1742 as an alehouse called The Blacksmith's Arms. It was renamed in 1884 and the name has stayed the same since then. It is ideally located for visiting nearby Buxton and the Peak District. Lunch and dinner are offered from a tasty menu, and are complemented by a good range of beers, wines and spirits in the bar. Breakfast is served in a dedicated breakfast room; English and continental options are on offer. There are three double bedrooms, and one twin bedroom, which is equipped with two single beds. These are in an annexe, not above the pub. All have pine furnishings and en suite shower rooms.