By booking a place on the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Speed Awareness Scheme Course you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Other service providers within the National Scheme may offer different Terms & Conditions.
• ‘you’ – means you, the customer, who is the subject of the invite letter.
• ‘we’ and ‘us’ and ‘our’ means the DriverAware Division, AA DriveTech - the trading name of DriveTech (UK) Limited.
• ‘Scheme’ - an offer by the police to complete an educational driver training programme as an alternative to receiving a fine, penalty points or prosecution.
• ‘Course’ – the particular training course or workshop operated by us in relation to the Scheme.
• ‘Booking Period’ – a period of 14 days from the date of our invite letter issued to you.
• ‘Critical Date’ – the date specified by the police by which you must complete your Course. This is also known as the ‘Expiry Date’ or ‘Completion Date’.
You must book and pay the fees for your Course within the Booking Period by either booking online or telephoning our Customer Care team. When booking online, you can select your preferred date and time. When booking by telephone, you will be offered a limited selection of dates and times and you will be expected to select one. When attending your Course, you may not be accompanied by any other person or pet as there are no facilities to accommodate them at the training venues. However, if you have any specific requirements or need to attend with an interpreter, you must notify us when booking your place.
Failure to book and secure your place within the Booking Period may result in your file being returned to the police and the offer of the Scheme will be withdrawn.
Payment can be made by most credit and debit cards, by cheque or by postal order. We are unable to accept post-dated cheques or cash. Cheque or postal order payments for a Course must be made payable to DriveTech (UK) Limited. Payments must be received by us within 7 days of the date of booking to secure your place. If you wish to make a payment less than 21 days before the date of your Course and/or after the Booking Period, payment can only be made by credit or debit card. Once you have booked and paid the fees for your Course, your booking and payment are non-transferable and non-refundable. We may, in our absolute and sole discretion, waive or refund any fees under these terms and conditions.
You agree to pay an administration charge of £8.00 in the event that any cheque is returned to us without sufficient funds in your account. In this event, we may cancel your booking, but you may be able to reschedule your Course in accordance with clauses i. Any subsequent payments must be made by credit/debit card. If you are unable to satisfy this requirement, your file will be returned to the police and the offer of the Scheme withdrawn.
You must complete your Course by the Critical Date. If you are unable to complete your Course within this time, you will be ineligible to attend the Scheme and the police will consider prosecuting you for the offence. Subject to police authorisation, your Critical Date may be extended.
You must satisfactorily complete the Course, including by attending in person, arriving on time, being present for the entire duration and participating fully. Satisfactory completion of the Course shall be determined at the absolute and sole discretion of the trainer. Mobile phones and/or pagers must be switched off during the Course.
If you are unable to attend your Course:
1) Due to exceptional circumstances: e.g. bereavement, medical grounds or you are a parent or carer and your dependant is taken ill, for which you provide documentary evidence, you will be able to reschedule your Course in accordance with clauses i and j, subject to availability with a maximum rescheduling fee of £30 or rescheduling fees as detailed in clause i, whichever is the lower.
2) For any other reason: you may book another Course, subject to availability and payment of the full Course fee again by credit or debit card.
If you are unable to complete your Course, or do not satisfactorily complete your Course:
1) Because you arrive late: you will be refused entry and will be ineligible to attend the Scheme and the police will consider prosecuting you for the offence, unless you reschedule your Course. If you reschedule your Course, you will incur rescheduling fees in accordance with clauses i and j unless you provide evidence that the delay has been caused through major disruption to the local public transport or road network, e.g. a major incident resulting in tube/train or road closures. You will be expected to leave sufficient time for your journey allowing for general delays.
2) Because you fail to establish your identity satisfactorily in accordance with clause k: you will be refused entry and will be ineligible to attend the Scheme and the police will consider prosecuting you for the offence, unless you reschedule your Course. If you reschedule your course, you will incur rescheduling fees in accordance with clauses i and j.
3) Because you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs: you will be refused entry to the Course and will be ineligible to attend the Scheme and the police will consider prosecuting you for the offence. You will not be able to reschedule and no refund of original Course fees will be made.
4) Because you are abusive, disruptive or fail to participate fully: you will be ejected from the Course and will be ineligible to attend the Scheme and the police will consider prosecuting you for the offence. You will not be able to reschedule and no refund of original Course fees will be made.
5) Because you have been disqualified from driving since you received the Course offer: you will be refused entry to the Course, your file will be returned to the police and the offer of the Scheme will be withdrawn. You will not be able to reschedule and no refund of original Course fees will be made.
Rescheduling your Course (including transferring to another ‘National Speed Awareness Scheme’ Course operated by us under clause j), for any reason whatsoever, is your responsibility and is subject to availability and the payment of the rescheduling fee in accordance with this clause i. The rescheduled Course must be completed by the Critical Date. Rescheduling is subject to the following rescheduling fees: if you reschedule more than 28 days before the date of your Course, there is no rescheduling fee; between 14 and 28 days before the date of your Course, the rescheduling fee is £30; less than 14 days before the date of your Course, the rescheduling fee is equal to the cost of the Course fee at the time of rescheduling. Payment of rescheduling fees can only be made by credit/debit card.
When you attend your Course, you must produce suitable photographic identification (e.g. driving licence or passport). If you do not have photographic ID, you must bring two separate forms of identification; for example, an original utility bill (gas, electricity or home phone) or council tax bill or a bank or credit card statement that we can match with your details given to us by the police.
In the event of us being unable to deliver your Course for any reason outside of our control, we will reschedule your Course as soon as possible and in any case by your Critical Date and it will be free of any additional charge
You must notify us of any specific requirements, for example disability and/or access issues, that you wish to be taken into consideration for the provision of the Course so that suitable arrangements can be made.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we give no warranties and make no representations of any kind relating to the Course including, without limitation, any implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability.
To the maximum extent permitted by law:
1) We will not in any circumstances (including, without limitation, negligence or breach of statutory duty) be liable for any loss of income, loss of opportunity or entitlement, loss of revenue or savings, or for any consequential damages (whether arising from any Course, from your attendance at, or inability to attend, any Course, or otherwise); and
2) the liability of us to you arising out of any and all claims (whether arising from any Course, from your attendance at, or inability to attend, any Course, or otherwise) will not in any circumstances exceed in aggregate the total amount of the sums paid by you to us for the Course to which that liability relates.
For more information concerning the ‘Speed Awareness Scheme’ Courses that we offer, and for information concerning credit card security, refer to our website www.AAdrivetech.com or apply in writing for a copy, stating the police force area you were referred by, to AA DriveTech, DriverAware Division, PO Box 6838, Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke, RG24 4PX.
If you'd like to chat, tell us a bit about yourself and we'll call you back.